Two-year-old Adonijah Foster passed away Saturday at his home in Hatch Rock on Hatch Point due to an accidental fire that started in his bedroom while he was sleeping.
Adonijah was burned and inhaled too much smoke to continue breathing. His mother and sister were taken to the hospital after inhaling smoke while attempting to save him.
La Sal Fire Department members responded to the emergency, but there was little they could do. Many of the residents of La Sal gathered food to take Rockland Ranch, as a large number of family and friends were expected on Sunday and Monday to comfort the family.
A GoFundMe account has been established to pay the costs of the funeral and emergency medical flights. Information for donating can be found at www.gofundme.com/baby-foster-funeral.
Funeral services for Adonijah Jahiah John Foster will be held Sunday, April 22 at the Rockland Ranch Cemetery beginning at 11 a.m. Visitation is from 9 to 11 a.m.