When planning a movie night, here are some tips that can help create a comfortable evening for the whole group:
* Satisfy taste buds: Cover your bases and select a variety of salty, sweet, crunchy and chewy snacks. For a colorful, sweet and salty popcorn dish, try mixing chocolate and popcorn to create a sweet and savory treat. All you need are three ingredients to create this Party Popcorn at home: popcorn, white chocolate and sprinkles. To make, pop the popcorn, melt the white candy/chocolate and then gently mix them together. Choose your favorite color sprinkles to shake over the chocolate-coated popcorn.
* Keep things cozy: Plenty of pillows and blankets are the key to keep everyone warm and snuggly. They can also serve as the perfect shield during scary movie scenes. If your family is looking for something more personal, head down to your local craft or fabric store and choose your own fabric to make no-sew movie-night blankets. For one blanket, simply pick out two pieces of fleece, about 1 1/2 yards, in your preferred pattern or color. Next, lay the two pieces directly on top of each other and cut strips about 1 inch wide and 4 inches high around all sides of the blanket. Tie each strip of the bottom fabric to the top fabric in a knot so it looks like there is fringe around all sides of the blanket. Finally, cozy up on the couch with the perfect movie of your choice!
* Become a movie buff: Nobody likes to feel out-of-the-loop when it comes to the latest buzz-worthy movies. Catch up on award-contenders and pop culture heroes. To brush up on buzz-worthy movie news and reviews, check out sites like www.movies.com or www.redbox.com/staffpicks for suggestions and to see what's hot in movieland and what other movie buffs prefer to watch in their own living rooms.
* Create a theme: Make movie nights a regular occurrence or find time for more than one movie and select a creative theme for the night that is fun for the whole group.
* Have a variety of options available: Spread a selection of Blu-rays or DVDs on the table for the group to choose from. More options will ensure there's something for everyone.
If you're looking for a great variety of new movies, renting is a smart and affordable option. Redbox carries a wide range of the latest Blu-ray and DVD titles for less than $1.50 a day. And, with the introduction of the Redbox Card, you can give the perfect gift card for an at-home movie night, starting at a $25 value.
For more information and to purchase the Redbox Card, visit Redbox.com/gifts.